Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are central to the goals of the IEEE Computer Society and all of its conferences. Equity at its heart is about removing barriers, biases, and obstacles that impede equal access and opportunity to succeed. Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing diverse talents. Inclusion is the active engagement of Diversity and Equity.
A goal of the IEEE Computer Society is to foster an environment in which all individuals are entitled to participate in any IEEE Computer Society activity free of discrimination. For this reason, the IEEE Computer Society is firmly committed to team compositions in all sponsored activities, including but not limited to, technical committees, steering committees, conference organizations, standards committees, and ad hoc committees that display Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
IEEE Computer Society meetings, conferences and workshops must provide a welcoming, open and safe environment, that embraces the value of every person, regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, or disability. All individuals are entitled to participate in any IEEE Computer Society activity free of discrimination, including harassment based on any of the above factors.
Towards to promote the above goals of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, ICST 2021 organization applied the following ideas:
- Double-blind reviewing to erase subconscious biases against gender, sexual orientation, race and nationality (equity).
- Enlist qualified members to the organizing committee, steering committees and reviewers considering gender, institution, nationality, research expertise and previous years (diversity).
- Enlist speakers from diverse backgrounds and research areas within Software Testing, Validation, and Verification (diversity).
- Enlist student volunteers considering motivation to attend the conference, gender, age, nationality, research area and institution (diversity).
- General Chairs responsibility: Discriminate the ICST’s efforts towards equity, diversity and inclusion and ensure that all of ICST 2022 beliefs regarding equity, diversity and inclusion are being met.